Today, we will talk about top 10 private university in Bangladesh. We have analyzed more than 100 universities and finally came to a list of 10 university that is best in our consideration. The purpose of this list is to give information about the best private universities in Bangladesh. The list includes the universities which are according to their reputation, Research, Results and other curricular activities.
You will find the 10 best private university list below and we also reviewed them in details.
Top 10 private university in Bangladesh
The top 10 private universities in Bangladesh include:
- BRAC University
- North South University
- Daffodil International University
- American International University-Bangladesh
- Independent University, Bangladesh
- International Islamic University, Chittagong
- United International University
- East West University
- University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh
- Southeast University, Bangladesh
BRAC University is a new learning institution that was founded by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. The university was established to provide quality education and training to young people from the country and the world. BRAC University is a member of Global Universities Network (GUN), an organization that aims to promote higher education around the world.
BRAC University is established in 2001 and located at Mohakhali, Dhaka. It started its journey with 3 departments and only 80 students. It has now more than 11,200 students running on a academic year.
North South University
North South University is one of from Top 10 private university in Bangladesh. It was established in 1992. And it is the first Bangladeshi university to receive American accreditation. More than 26000 students studied to this university in 2020.
It is one of the largest private universities in Bangladesh and It is located at Bashundhara Residential Area. Its current vice Chancellor is Atique Islam. About 550 staffs work here. The University ranked 301–500 in the “Graduate Employability Ranking 2020”
North South University is popular for its faculty of International Studies by offering distance education from different countries around the world. It has an international student body. The university is a member of the Association of Asian Universities and have a group of several international students from Australia, China, France, Japan, Korea and India as well as other countries.
Daffodil International University
Daffodil International University is a university located in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It was established in 2002 with the purpose of providing quality education to students from all over the world.
The university offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in various disciplines, including computer science, engineering, business administration, information technology and management. There are also courses for postgraduate studies offered by Daffodil International University. Daffodil has 150 acres of land which includes playgrounds, auditorium, basketball court, food court, gymnasium, swimming pool, innovation lab, artificial fountain, golf course, hostel, staff quarter, and other facilities. Its chairman is 150 acres of land with playgrounds, auditorium, basketball court, food court, gymnasium, swimming pool, innovation lab, artificial fountain, golf course, hostel, staff quarter, and other facilities. Its chairman is Md. Sabur Khan.
American International University-Bangladesh
American International University-Bangladesh is a private institution of higher learning located in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It was founded in 1996 by Dr. John A. Hargrave and Dr. Alan B. Guttmacher, Jr., with the aim of providing a quality education to students from all over the world who wish to study in Bangladesh and contribute to the development of the country as a whole and its people.
The university was founded with a vision, to serve the needs of Bangladesh and its people by providing quality education to students from all over the world in an atmosphere that encourages a spirit of adventure and creativity. The school maintains excellent relationships with students, parents, alumni and partners from around the world.
Independent University, Bangladesh
The Independent University of Bangladesh is a non-profit organization established in 1993. The university is a Private institution and has been operating for over 28+ years. It is located at Bashundhara Residential Area of Dhaka.
The university has a strong academic reputation, and the quality of its education is high. It offers bachelor’s degrees in various disciplines. The university also boasts of various research centers and institutes that are dedicated to research in different areas such as agriculture, environment, health care and so on. It has 70 classrooms as well as amphitheatre, a library and state-of-the-art laboratories. The university has a motto which is “Teacheth man that which he knew not”.
IUB offers the below courses-
- B.Sc. in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- B.Sc. in Electrical & Telecommunication Engineering (ETE)
- B.Sc. in Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- B.Sc. in Computer Science (CSC)
- B.Sc. in Computer Engineering (CEN)
- B.Sc. in Physics
- B.Sc. in Mathematics
- M.Sc. in Computer Networks and Communications (CNC)
- M.Sc. in Telecommunication Engineering (TE)
- M.Sc. / M.Eng. in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- M.Sc. in Computer Science (CSC)
- M.Sc. in Software Engineering (SEN)
International Islamic University, Chittagong
The University of Chittagong is the First Private University in Chittagong. It offers a wide range of courses from engineering to humanities and social sciences.
This university was established by Islamic University Chittagong Trust (IUCT) in 1995.
The university has many international students and the school has developed a strong relationship with the international community. The University has recently been awarded the title of ‘Best International University in Bangladesh’ by the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Faculty of Science & Engineering
1. Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE):
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering (B.Sc. Engg. in CSE) [IEB Accredited]
- Professional Diploma in Computer Science (DCS).
- Masters of Science in Computer Science and Engineering (M.Sc. in CSE)
2. Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE):
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (B.Sc. Engg. in EEE) [IEB Accredited]
3. Department of Computer & Communication Engineering (CCE):
- Bachelor of Science in Computer and Communication Engineering (B.Sc. Engg. in CCE) [IEB Accredited]
4. Department of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering (ETE):
- Bachelor of Science in Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering (B.Sc. in ETE)
5. Department of Civil Engineering (CE):
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (B.Sc. in CE)
6. Department of Pharmacy:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma.)
Faculty of Business Studies
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) [Regular]
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) [Executive]
- Master of Bank Management (MBM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Faculty of Law
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB Hons.)
- Master of Laws (LLM)
Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- English Language and Literature (ELL): Master of Arts in English Language and Literature, Masters of Arts in English Language Teaching (ELT),
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in English Language and Literature
- Arabic Language and Literature (ALL), Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Arabic Language and Literature
Faculty of Social Science
- Post Graduate Diploma in Library & Information Science.(PGDLIS)
- Bachelor of Economics & Banking (EB)
Faculty of Shari’ah & Islamic Studies
Qur’anic Sciences and Islamic Studies (QSIS):
- Master of Arts in Qura’nic Sciences and Islamic Studies (MQSIS)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Qur’anic Sciences and Islamic Studies, Da’wah and Islamic Studies (DIS)
- Master of Arts in Da’wah and Islamic Studies (MDIS)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Da’wah and Islamic Studies
United International University
United International University is an international university founded in 2003 and located in the city of Dhaka. It was founded by a United group.
The university contains an are of 100,000 sq. ft. It’s motto is “Quest for Excellence”. Its present VC is Chowdhury Mofizur Rahman. More than 7000 students are studying for Bachelors and Masters Program.
The Faculty list of this university is –
- School of Science & Engineering (EEE) (CSE)
- School of Business and Economics (BBA)
- Postgraduate programmes (MBA) (EMBA) (MDS)
- Professional Academy- Cisco, PETA
East West University
The East West University is a private university located in Aftabnagar. It was established in 1996. With the motto ‘Excellence in Education’, It is doing its operation from last 26 years. More than 10,400 students are currently studying.
The university is the first major project of the Progoti Foundation for Education and Development (PFED), a non-profit, non-political, charitable organization maintained by a group of academics, business leaders, professionals and education enthusiasts led by Mohammed Farashuddin, economist and former governor of Bangladesh Bank.
The faculty list of East West University is given below:
- Faculty of Sciences and Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Mathematical & Physical Sciences
- Department of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Economics
- Department of MBA/EMBA/MBM Programs
- Faculty of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- Department of English
- Department of Social Relations
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Law
- Department of Information Studies & Library Management
University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh
The University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh is a private university located in the capital city of Dhaka, Bangladesh. It has more than 3700 students who are currently studying there. The University was established 2002.
ULAB is a research-intensive University, with multiple research opportunities for its faculty members and students. The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in arts, humanities, social sciences and science fields. The university has been ranked among the top universities for higher education in South Asia by various international rankings agencies.
ULAB offers degree programs in the following schools:
School of Arts and Humanities
- Bachelor of Arts, English and Humanities (Honors)
- Master of Arts in English
School of Social Science
- Bachelor of Social Science, Media Studies and Journalism (Honors)
- Masters in Communication
School of Business
- Bachelor in Business Administration (Honors)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
School of Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering (Honors)
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (Honors)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Honors)
ULAB has one non-degree-granting program, which runs the required courses to fulfill a liberal arts curriculum:
- General Education Program (GED)
Southeast University, Bangladesh
With the motto ‘Meeting the challenges of Time’ The university was ranked number one in the SCImago Institutions Rankings for Bangladesh. More than 12000 students had studied in this university.
The Southeast University was founded in 2002. It is located in the city of Banani and Tejgaon. Its website address is http://www.seu.edu.bd/
Southeast University has a library equipped with books on the academic programs offered as well as on research and extracurricular activities. The total collection of books and journals at is about 15000.